Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Speaking Life Amidst Death

I had made my mind up last night that no matter what I faced today I'd praise God
and speak life into my dilemma of having our house robbed and burned out.

It's hard enough dealing with the reality of a smoked out home, let alone being treated as a suspect and a criminal.

I had a 9am insurance audit (for our business insurance) meeting to start my day. I got up with faith in my mouth! I had to rush out to the house before the meeting to let another team of investigators into the house. These were people from our insurance company and they handled things much different than the county.

As I was driving my car to the house, I turned the channel to the station I used to work at (WWEV-FM91.5)to catch the end of a powerful rendition by Martha Munizzi of "Say the Name...Jesus". If you don't know the song,it has a line that says something like when you are in the midst of a trying time and don't know what to say, just say
the name of Jesus.

Good stuff to fuel my commitment to speak faith!

I was saying the name JESUS as I pulled into my drive way being greeted once again by a packed driveway of cars with "investigators" in them.

I did go back out there after my audit meeting and had to answer more questions. But...The lady who is handling the investigation for the insurance was so reassuring and instantly put into motion the insurance side to helping us.

By the end of the day, I had been contacted about finding another motel with a bigger room to stay in until THEY find us a place to live for the next few months. I was also told I could find financial aid to pay for basic things like food and items we need.

I had some time in the Word earlier on too that was very comforting. And then I got this e-mail that blew me away.I had to share it...IT is long...but it was a NOW word for me and is a NOW Word for so many people I know.

Ok...Thank you to so many who have shared and helped me with prayers and support. I'll be in touch. I hope you'll do the same.

************************************************************************

By Jack Weinzierl



"I have a rather short, but powerful message to share this
morning having to do with getting back what the enemy has
stolen. I don't know about you, but I want my stuff back.
How do we get our stuff back? Through a lifestyle of
praise. And we are not talking about just a song here. We
are talking about putting God first. Numero uno. Read 2
Chronicles 20 today and you will see how King Jehoshaphat
led the army of Judah and put God first appointing singings
to walk ahead of the army. By the way, Judah means praise.
The other armies attacked and killed each other and King
Jehoshaphat and his men went out to gather the plunder. The
Lord gave them victory over their enemies. He is no
respector of persons and will do the same for us.

And make no mistake, the thief's purpose is to steal and
kill and destroy and His purpose is to give them a rich and
satisfying life....not my words but Jesus' words in John
10:10.

And also make no mistake, if satan can get your praise, he
can get your stuff.

Our attention needs to be on God. David's was in 2 Samuel
6:21 when he talks about dancing before the Lord and he
says in verse 22 that he is willing to look even more
foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes.

This message is as much for me as anyone on the line this
morning. It is not to beat you up, but to encourage you.
His grace covers us all. The Bible says that a righteous
man can fall 7 times and gets back up.

We need to not let our emotions be our guide as they will
usually mislead us...let the Word lead you. We need to be
filled up with God's Word so we have joy in the midst of
trials. Devil, you are not getting our stuff and in fact,
you need to repay us up to 7 fold for what you have stolen.
In Job 42, Job received double for his trouble. In
Proverbs 6:31, the thief has to pay back seven times what
he stole.

And Fear is the greatest thief of our future.

Satan comes to rob us from expectation, joy, peace and our
future.

Why does Satan come to attack our praise? He was the
worship leader in Heaven. When he stopped praising God, he
lost everything. That's why he wants you depressed. And
praise is not just a song. Praise is giving Him the
rightful place. When He is #1, we are covered. We can't
just shout on Sundays, and then doubt on Mondays folks.
When we just try to fit him in, we give the enemy place to
get in. We can't fit in God. The bumper sticker that says,
God is my Co-pilot. Well, folks, we better move over and
let God be our pilot as He can drive a lot better than we
can, amen? He needs to be pre-emminent. Praise is a
lifestyle. Is He Lord of our attitude? is He Lord over my
body? I don't do certain things, because I want to honor
God and the motivation is not what the world may promote,
but to glorify Him. Is Jesus Lord over your finances? Are
you honoring Him?

OK Jack, you had me until you talked about finances. Then
folks, that may be a specific area that you need to make
Him Lord over, amen.

So how do we get our stuff back?

1) Praise is the first thing.

God is too big to be fit into our lives, we need to fit
into His. Praise is the anedote. We have to stop
complaining and criticizing. You cannot complain and praise
at the same time. Say I praise you Jesus 3 times right
now.

Did you complain when you were praising Him? You can't.

2) Devil, give me my stuff back, give me my stuff back. We
are not waiting and we are not going to let the Devil get
my stuff any more.


So we need to praise God first, then we need to take action
and demand our stuff back and,

3) We need to encourage ourselves in the Word.

No one can do this for us. In 1 Samuel 30:6 David was
greatly distressed. perplexed, confused, and felt defeated.
His own soldiers talked about stoning him. The very people
you counted on will not be there to encourage you at times.
We have to encourage ourselves in the Word.

If you need encouragement, look to Matthew 9:2 Our sins
are forgiven...I am encouraged

Matthew 14:27 Take courage as I am with you

John 16:33 I have overcome the world

Acts 27:22 Take courage as there will be no loss


Yes, you may be thinking, well he already took everything
and that is temporary. Whatever the devil thinks he got,
you are getting it back. I know I am getting it back. Paul
said, I believe God vs I believe in God. Even the devil and
demons believe in God.

Isaiah 35:4 Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong,
and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your
enemies. He is coming to save you."

Vengeance is His. God will show up with
vengeance--recompense...we are going to be repaid, amen.

How...

1) Speak His Word

2) Job 9:27 Forget your complaint--wow this is a tough one
for me

Leave off my sad countenance. Forget what people have
done...that is not forgetting what our needs are. No room
for whining and complaining. Fast from complaining.

Again, this is as much for me as anyone on this line. I
have allowed the thief to steal in our lives long enough.

3) Sow a sacrificial seed and encourage ourselves

Devil, I demand my stuff back. Loose my stuff in Jesus'
name.

I am going to close this call in prayer and open up for any
comments, but before I do, I want to read a personal
confession and if you have a copy of this, you are welcome
to read along with me. It will be in my notes from this
morning.


This is a new day. Be encouraged and here are some personal
confessions that you are welcome to print and leverage this
next week and every day.

I set the course of my life today with my words:

I declare today that I will not be defeated, discouraged,
depressed or disappointed.

I am the head, I have insight, I have wisdom, I have ideas,
I have authority.

I exercise my authority today with my words and I decree a
thing and it is so.

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1
John 4:4)...the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the
dead, lives in me... (Romans 8:11)

As I speak words today, they come to pass (Job 22:28); they
go before me, they bring the things to pass that I desire;
and they stop all attacks, assaults, oppression, and fear
from coming to my life.

God is on my side today and, therefore, I cannot be
defeated.

His favor surrounds me today as a shield. (Psalm 5:12 ). I
expect favor today from heaven and from the earth.

Jesus had favor with God and man (Luke 2:52 ), and as He is
so am I on this earth. (1 John 4:17)

Therefore, I have favor today with God and man.

I expect and receive favor in my home, favor in my job,
favor in my business, favor in my ministry, favor with my
finances, favor in every deal I am involved in.

I will think the right thoughts, say the right words and
make the right decisions in every situation I face today.

My mouth speaks wisdom and my heart is filled with
understanding. (Psalm 49:3)

I ask for, and receive, an abundant supply of wisdom and
understanding today from God (James 1:5)...wisdom from
above, wisdom that is pure, peaceable, gentle, unwavering,
willing to yield, without hypocrisy. (James 3:17)

Wisdom and understanding are better than silver and gold
and nothing I desire can compare with them; therefore, I
make it my ambition and desire to have understanding and
wisdom; therefore I know I will have all of the other
desires of my heart. (Proverbs 8:10-11)

My words go before me in securing my divine health and
healing...

I will not be sick today; I will not be sad today; I will
not be broke today; I will not be confused today.

I have health today; I have joy today; I have all the money
I need in the name of Jesus.

My steps are ordered by the Lord... (Psalm 37:23)

I have a covenant with God and by the blood of Jesus I
release my divine protection and divine provision.

I expect to have divine appointments today, to run into the
right people, and to be delivered from the wrong people.

Any adversity, attack, accidents and tragedies that were
headed my way are diverted right now in Jesus' name.

Now I speak to:

every mountain of fear

every mountain of discouragement

every mountain of stress

every mountain of depression

every mountain of lack and insufficiency

And I say, "Be removed and cast into the sea in Jesus'
name!" (Mark 11:23 ) I expect the best day of my life
spiritually, emotionally, relationally and financially
today in Jesus' name.


Dear Heavenly Father, I know I have not always had you as
my first priority and I thank you for your grace. We want
to honor you in all we do and I am committed to not just
fitting you into our busy lives....but making and keeping
you as the priority in our lives. Thank you for your love
and your protection and for the authority you have given us
as a believer as your sons and daughters. We pray for our
enemies this morning that you touch their hearts and minds
and heal them, in Jesus name, amen.

No comments: