Monday, July 7, 2008

Will's Victory Over the Furry Tailed Devil





"My six year old son asked Jesus into his little heart today. He was scared and all upset about the devil.

That lead into a discussion about using Jesus' name to make the devil scram.

He still was so upset. So I said, "You know how you can really make the enemy mad, William?'

"How?", he weakly responded.

"Pray right now and ask Jesus into your heart," I responded gently as I held him to my side.

"Okay...Let's pray mom."

So William repeated the prayer I said asking Jesus into his heart, and confessing Jesus as Lord.

He seemed to settle down...I hugged him and told him I was proud and happy.

I then showed him a few verses in the Bible about believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing Him as Lord. He sat in my lap and read right along with me.

So he went back to playing and talking to his sister. After a bit, he came back a little concerned.

"I felt something mom," he whispered.

"Oh, did you feel the Holy Spirit?" I asked.

"No," he responded with great trepidation. "I felt something...furry. You know mom, the devil has a furry tail."

So we once again had a little talk about Jesus defeating the enemy once and for all on the cross. He listened so with great focus and concentration drinking in each word that I spoke.

I can't help but wonder what God has in store for this little man. I noted in my Journal the date and time writing that William asked Jesus into his heart and had him sign his name below the paragraph.

That seemed to seal the deal.

So on this 7th day of July, my little singing angel man accepted Jesus into his heart.

When he was three years old, I'd repeat this statement to him and have him say it back...

"My name is William James...I am a chosen vessel God. Chosen by God to preach healing, hope and salvation to the world in the name of Jesus!"

The journey to his destiny has just begun!

No comments: