Monday, July 28, 2008

Beauty For Ashes?

It's been a trying day today. The reality of a filthy soot filled house and a basement destroyed...AND add to the fact someone did it on purpose after trying to get valuables is really something (they did not get much).

I saw another area where someone had gone through my bathroom drawers and put all my ear rings out on the counter. Thank goodness I am NOT a diamond and lace girl...All they had were earings that did not match, a fake pearl earing and a couple of rings.... Cheap stuff to say the least. Your are talking to the Walmart girl here....

Dave had to work. My goodness he has to provide for us! He has quite a few jobs lined up...Bless his heart. So I have to be the one to handle the investigators, insurance people and all...What a new role to play.

The investigation continues...Which is so surreal....terrible feeling to be scrutinized like a criminal. They had four more fire investigators from three counties out there, one being the lead investigator in this area.....I stayed outside. Thank goodness Dave's dad came to keep me company.

I am really amazed at how faithful God is to help you through times like this. He has really shown up for me in the smallest of ways (which are big at this time).

I am so glad I got that lesson from Isaiah chapter 7 (which I blogged about below in some posts). Interesting that the threat I was talking about was in the form of a "smoking firebrand"!

And what did God tell Isaiah to say?

"The final word from Isaiah to King Ahaz concerning the attack from these two enemy forces is the same word for you. Whether you are fighting attacks on your children, your family, your finances, your healing, or any insurmountable problem:

"Thus says the Lord God: It shall not stand, Nor shall it come to pass."


So, I'm walking out this right now. This attack is just that...an attack. I believe what the enemy tries to do to harm you,God can turn around and bring hope and change.

"...beauty for ashes...."

Out of the ash heap, I am believing God for a new thing...As we clean up the clutter, I am believing for a change....No weapon formed against you shall stand...as it says in Isaiah.

No comments: