Friday, February 11, 2011

The Power Of Being Social Media Magnet

social media magnet, atlanta social media, social media atlanta, new media marketing,

          The Power of Being A Social Media Magnet

Are you a social media magnet?

What is that you say? Simply this. A social media magnet understands the power of setting up conversations on all the social sites to draw them to their home site where their product or service is available.

No doubt, more and more studies are taken to truly understand just how the social media sites can impact business, and the value of being active on them.

I've enjoyed this most recent report from Michael Stelzner, Social Media Marketing Marketing Industry Report.

Lots of valuable information is available for you to truly understand social media in case you think all this "Twitter and Facebook" stuff is a waste of time.

One figure caught my eye. This report reveals that 64% of marketers are spending five or more hours using social media magnet sites such as, Twitter.

Stelzner says, "Social Media Marketing is an engagement with online communities to generate exposure, opportunity, and sales....And the real shocker is that experienced folks are investing more than 20 hours each week with social media."It goes without saying that you don't use these social sites to spam your ministry or opportunity. You share. You serve. You connect. You minister.


Facebook Stats

These Facebook statistics are bound to change soon, but check out the latest Facebook social media magnet facts:

  • There is more than 500 million active users on Facebook. On any given day, at least 50% of those active users log on.
  • People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
  • An average user on Facebook is connected to at least 80 Facebook pages, groups, events.
  • According to an eMmarketer report, 206 million US internet users. That means 71.2% of the US web audience is actually on Facebook.
  • Facebook is now the most searched item..passing Google, as America’s most visited website according to a new report.
  • The fastest growing demographic among Facebook users is...35 to 65 year-old women!
  • Facebook is where people are spending their time. They check in daily and multiple times a day.
  • Just the other day my daughter took some of my marketing advice when she off the cuff told me..."Mom, I thanked Billy Rae Cyrus for all his Bible verses in his tweets."

    That made me proud.

    The other night I watched the powerful Gospel singing duo of Bebe and Cece Winans. They got to talking about Twitter. Cece was teasing her brother about it and then said she saw the power of using it to encourage someone, to offer hope and healing.

    Yes, you can do that with only 140 characters!

    Social media continues to explode as I re-write this page.


    YouTube Explosion

    YouTube is now the second largest search engine. People go there every day to look for videos to answer their questions, 
show them how to do something, 
or review a product or business. I see this in my own house from my son who goes to YouTube to learn how to solve a video game, to my daughter who wants to hear the latest song from a favorite artist.

    Many times when I got stuck or was learning something with my Wordpress.org blogs, I go to a video to figure out what I needed to do.

    Another amazing fact: YouTube gets over 300,000,000 visitors a month, who watch more than 2,000,000,000 videos.

    I could go on with statistics but I think you get the idea.


    I have not even discussed the latest stats on Twitter, but I believe you can see how social media has grown.

    What does this mean for you? How does this affect your business or ministry marketing plan?

    I do believe it's obvious...You may need to scrap the old methods of promotion and bring on the new...new media strategies!

    For more on the advantages of this new internet marketing machine and A Three-Step Program for Saving & Growing Your Business in This Turbulent Economy click here!

    To learn how this is also a powerful step in a simple ministry marketing strategy, feel free to join my free training. I re-opened the doors recently to this private and indepth video training on how to harness the power of the internet for preaching, promotion, and profit.

    Click here for instant access to this training!


    Click here to learn about a social media program for your business or ministry.



    If this information on being a social media magnet was helpful to you, would you tweet it, Facebook it, or share it with others by bookmarking? Yes, I would appreciate it and you'd help me by using the power of social media to get the word out to help others! Thank you!



No comments: