Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Firebrand Street Ministry: Being The Body Of Christ

firebrand ministry, street ministry, ministering in the streets, pastor dave croft, theresa croft, christian ministry to homeless,

 

Firebrand Street Ministry: Being The Body Of Christ

by Theresa Croft

Firebrand street ministry involves just one thing: Being a church without walls.

Our heart is for those who need to see “Jesus with skin on.”

“It was better than warming a pew bench’, said Pastor Dave. “Seriously, to reach out to the least of these is an honor.”

Some received what we had to share today and some did not, as we served hot gumbo and sandwiches with coca cola. As Dave and Anna served up the soup with sandwiches, while William gave out cokes, I got to go down the line and shake hands. I looked many in the eye and told them Jesus loved them as I told them there was hot homemade gumbo on the way. Some looked at me and smiled, while others would not allow me to look into their eyes.

After the food ran out, most of the men went away to eat or go their own way. A few hung around and Pastor Dave was able to speak life and a prophetic word.

We even gave one man a ride to his sisters house. His name was Ricky and he shared what happened when he went to church this morning. God spoke to his heart encouraging him he could always come back to HIM.

The purpose of this and the video below is NOT to say, “Look at us”.

All we desire is to see the Body of Christ BE THE BODY OF Christ.

Listen and obey where God is calling you to minister. It might be your neighbor. It might be in your school or college.

Wherever God calls you, He will more than enable you by His grace to walk.

Will you reach out to the least of these?

 

“Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

 

We support radical street ministry like this and the ministry of the A21 Campaign.

Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated. Click the link below to see how you can help without giving money!

Click here to help street ministry and the A21 Campaign!

No comments: