Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Your Job Today? Just Obey And Believe

What's your job today as you walk through this turbulent time in our world?

A lot has been spoken about jobs lately. From unemployment to lack of jobs amidst today's economy, the news has been bleak.

As I was thinking about all this, a simple acronym came to mind about the word "job":

Just Obey and Believe.

This was what God was speaking to my heart one morning as I spent time in the Word of God pouring my heart over issues brooding in my mind.

Just Obey and Believe.

Later in the day, I asked the question, "What is Jesus' job today?"

The answer came quickly:

Jesus Over delivers to Believers.

Rushing through my mind came thoughts of just how Jesus over delivers with his mercy, grace, hope, strength, love.....

His job was accomplished by His obedience. "He was obedient to the point of death, even death on the cross."(Phil. 2:8)(Hebrews 5:8)

Because of Jesus job being fulfilled by the finished work of the cross, I can walk out my job today in confidence. He will enable me to walk toward my destiny as I take steps to "just obey and believe."

How does this relate to you amidst your struggles and problems you face today?

You may very well be out of a job. You may be facing a terrible crisis, a family falling apart, sickness wearing down your body, bad habits keeping you bound, or finances spinning out of control.

What is your job today amidst your troubled time and how does this relate to your ministry, marketing, business, and pursuit of resources to continue toward your destiny?

Obey

Simply enough, obeying God is key. Obeying the Word of God. Obeying His commands.

Loving God with all your heart, spending time with Him in prayer and the Word sure makes the obeying part easier. He also gives us His Spirit as a guide, a counselor and a comfort as we walk in the path of obedience.

As you go to the Word of God more often and obey it, you realize life is much easier simply walking by His principles. I had a wise Bible Study leader during my single years who always proclaimed, "Nothing tastes better the next day than obedience to God." (Thanks Bobbie McCoy!)

Soon enough, as you walk the path of obedience by the Word of God, you realize there is everything that pertains to life...right there in Scripture!

So, as you fear (respect) and delight in His Word, this helps with the second part....the believing. The belief part is the supernatural by-product of digging deep into the Word of God.

Believe

You take your problem, your issue, your circumstances and find answers in the Word of God. As you meditate on HIS Word, your mind is renewed. The believing part of this job today is active participation to stop negative thoughts, anxiety, and doubts from entering into your mind. To believe involves mental mapping, as Jesse Duplantis (http://ping.fm/Mo7Yz) explains so well in his book ""Evey Day Visionary". You speak, see, and walk by what the Word says about you, and who you are in Christ.

To believe is action in your "job".

It involves the active work from the vision, to the belief, to working out the solution. That is, working out what you believe, by faith. (And "Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God"!)

For example, you know God is equipping you and anointing you to minister to thousands, or to share your Christian music, or to go forward with your evangelistic, prophetic ministry. You have to actively cancel the negative words or criticism of others. You have to work to not let doubt dominate your thinking and keeping you down in a dormant state. I know sometimes doubt leads to discouragement which the enemy uses to kick you in the tail keeping you down from even trying!

It's time to kick the enemy back and keep him under your feet by you doing your job today!

So, as you work this "job" you are refusing to listen or believe the negative influences, all the while moving forward with productive, effective work. That may mean not watching as much television and reading more.

For example, I am constantly trying to glean from others whether it's spiritual wisdom by watching Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, Jentezen Franklin, on my I-Phone or marketing advice by listening to mp3s from John Reese, Stephen Pierce, or Jeff Johnson. (Stephen and his wife Alicia (http://ping.fm/KmYb4)have been an incredible answer to prayer in the past few months with market help that delivers!)

This action to the believing for me also means I use (work) the tools I have with my marketing. That involves tools with everything from my website (http://ping.fm/yFemI), to Blogs, to producing videos,(http://ping.fm/aguHX) to proper market research, to eventually producing more valuable content.

The awesome thing is as I work my job today...just obey and believe, Jesus is right there over delivering with His grace, wisdom, strength, strategies...Over delivering as He prepares me for His destiny for my life. This process and fulfillment brings Him glory and can play a role in helping someone else understand his/her "job", of obeying and believing.

One of the many places to discover the final result of doing this job today in your life can be found in Psalm 112.

Check out the end results...the rewards of this "job":

*You will be blessed.

*Your seed shall be blessed from generation to generation.

*You have wealth, riches, and prosperity in every area of your life.

*You have the righteousness of Christ.

*You display grace and compassion in great measure.

*You are kind and gracious to lend and help others.

*Your actions are marked by discretion and wisdom.

*You have amazing confidence and are not easily shaken no matter the bad news on television.

*You are remembered by others.

*You don't fear or have anxiety about evil tidings.

*You have no fear of your enemies.

*You give often to the poor.

*You are given honor.

Jesus does His job and over delivers to believers every time!

I don't know about you but this is one "job" I want to take active part in as I go forward in fulfilling His destiny in my life!

No comments: