Monday, August 18, 2008

 



Day One of going through the ashes of our house. I took this picture and was struck by the framing of it. It's a picture when I was 17 years old playing with a local LPGA pro who came back in town to do a promotional golf exhibition. The man above is my old golf pro, the now deceased Bill Welch.

Most of my personal old pictures were in the closet where the fire started.

How do I feel about all that destroyed?

I'm not sure. I died to the dream of being a professional golfer years ago.

I trust I'm on the right path now being a wife, mom, and entreprenuer.

So I'm ok with this. Just poignant just the same.

Back to work now....to documenting from pictures, receipts, and video.

It's a total loss downstairs.

Could only be a miracle the house is still standing based on what I saw downstairs.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Darren "Kyme" Nicholson said...

Theresa:
Hi Sis, Darren here, good to see that you have your chin up! I can see God's Light shining through!
It looks like that other bit of arson attempt has been soaked out and they are off and running aroud in circles again.
You and yours are in my prayers

God Bless!!!!!!!

It is our job for God to encourage our other brothers and sisters in Jesus to always place our faith where it can be seen and heard - not to let things become stumbling blocks, but rather paving stones for the road we build, so that others can us them as stepping stones on their road.

Darren "Kyme" Nicholson

Ministry Marketing Strategies said...

God bless you BIG brother.

Thanks for your encouragement and support of my family during a trying time.

The LORD will prevail.

He is so faithful.

How can I not give HIM praise even amidst the valley.

My souls sings.

God bless,

theresa

God's Girl said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you lost so many precious things in a fire. May the Lord fill you with His Love and Grace and Lord, be her strength and hope.

All for Jesus,
Julie