Saturday, December 20, 2008

Part I: Market Plan For a Ministry, Stay At Home Mom, or Business

Having a market plan is essential whether you are in the ministry trying to promote your gift, a stay at home mom working a computer based business,or a businessman striving to provide financial freedom for your family.

The market plan consists of four "P's":

Passion

What are you passionate about or what do you enjoy doing? If you find something that you enjoy where the time just flies by when you are in the midst of doing this, you probably have found a passion.


I have a brother (the oldest of four brothers) who gave me some valuable wisdom at a young age. He told me if I found something I loved, and could make a living doing it, I needed to pursue it.

After a failed golfing career, I remembered his advice and thought about what I really enjoyed. Well, I loved Christian Music. I used to make mixes of Christian music on tapes with my voice as a “dj” speaking encouragement in between the songs. Time flew by when I was in the midst of one of these creations as I considered the theme of the tape, pondered which Christian songs to select, and what order to have them arranged as I produced the mix. I’d give them out to my golfing friends so they could listen in their cars as they traveled all over the country on the golf tour. I called it the KYSS tape series. KYSS standing for: “Know You’re Someone Special!

So one of the first jobs I applied for after my golfing career was finished was at an FM Christian Music Radio Station as an announcer. I got the job! The only demo I had for the station manager to listen to was one of those home-made KYSS tapes. I was making a living, making a profit, while at a hobby,now turned into a job, which I loved! (Needless to say I had a passion for Christian Radio! I spent 15 1/2 years at that same station!)



That passion leads to the second p: profit. Will your passion profit you? I don’t just mean this in the sense of money. Will your passion promote personal development. Can you learn a new skill. As Dani Johnson says, “The marketplace pays for value. Your value is your skill.” If you can learn a new skill or enhance one centered around that passion of something you enjoy, you have the ingredients to making a profit.

Maybe you are in the ministry. You love to write, speak, and minister God’s love. Can you find avenues to publish your work? Is it possible to have a video ministry and on-line presence?

Yes you can use a ministry marketing plan to find ways to profit from your God given gifts!


You could be a stay at home mom that has a passion for writing greeting cards or encouraging people with thoughtful crafts.. Can that love for being an encourager be turned into a computer based home business?

Yes! There is a company called Send Out Cards. I love the motto of this home based business: "Changing Lives One Card At A Time.”

Maybe you are that marketplace man, businessman, who enjoys people and serving with excellence in advertising, business building, or construction. If you enjoy it, you don’t dread getting up in the morning but look at each day as an exciting opportunity to grow, do business, and impact those around you positively!

Ken Blanchard,the co-author of the "One Minute Manager" states: ”Profit is applause for taking care of customers and creating a motivating environment for employees.”

Employees, clients, co-workers….which leads us to the third “P”….PEOPLE!

Part II coming soon.

No comments: